- Some people say, you can get it all in Australia: a continent with its own tectonic plate, a country with a population density others can only dream of, and a massive island with a 30,000 km long beach.
- Australia is the only country in the world that covers an entire continent. It is one of the largest countries on Earth. Although it is rich in natural resources and has a lot of fertile land, more than one-third of Australia is desert.
- Australia is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse nations with immigrants account for 30% of the population, the highest proportion in any country with a population over 10 million.
- Australia is a highly developed country, with the world’s 14th-largest economy. Having the third-highest human development index and the eighth-highest ranked democracy globally, the country ranks highly in quality of life, health, education, economic freedom, civil rights.
- Australia is a member of the United Nations, G20, Commonwealth of Nations, ANZUS, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), World Trade Organization, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Pacific Islands Forum, and the ASEAN Plus Six mechanism.